Monday, February 28, 2011

No child deserves to be fatherless,

Like the title, I believe that there's no child that deserves to be fatherless, either physically nor emotionally. But when this does happens (i.e. the father passed away), believe you me, that God, never abandons His child.

I see it first hand, that ever since my father passed away due to his illness (I was fifteen at the time), God has fulfilled my every needs. And I do have a lot of needs. I mean, who doesn't?
We need material things like:
  1. Food
  2. Place to live
  3. Education. 
  4. Etcetera
But we also need:
  1. Guidance
  2. Caring
  3. Acceptance
Some things just can't quite add up with the need of a child to receive these things from a father. I know for sure that item #1-4 can be given by anyone (in my case, the education part comes in a quite high price since it's pretty expensive to put your child through medical school -_-a ), but I believe #5-7 of a father can't be replaced by anyone else.

The way I see it now, the lack of the things I stated above (item #4-7) for me, made me spent my teenager years (15-19 y.o) looking for my identity outside my family. I lived in the highschool dorm for two years, a brief 1 year at home on my senior year, then I leave for college and has just been living back home for the past year.

The whole thing ended up in me being not having a clear direction in life. Not to mention the identity crisis that I have to went through, I was indecisive, had low self-esteem and it made me did stupid things (I still make mistakes, just less stupid :p)

But fortunately (and according to His plan, I believe), every single problem that I have encountered, was absolved (most of the time, miraculously) by God's grace. How did all this happened? I believe (I am a total believer :D) that it's only because of His grace and because the Lord (my Father in heaven) loves me first. He knows what I need, He provides what I need, and when I ask, He answers.

So if you ask me, what prayer/need did your Dad answer for you?
  1. I finished my MD degree in 2010
  2. I settled down in 2010 (Tied the knot! xp)
  3. I have the most amazing family (grace factor #1)
  4. I have the job I asked for
  5. I am enjoying His daily blessing
  6. Me & wifey are expecting a child.
Like I said, no child deserves to be fatherless, God knows it, He is a Father after all. Mine and yours.
Matthew 7:7-8