Tuesday, February 8, 2011

To whom it may concern,

In the past two weeks i finished the book of Joshua, Hosea & Malachi. I didn't read them in order, but I managed to find something important that Dad wants me to look into (again). 
I learn that worshiping idol is the vilest adultery that a man can do. I know as Christians, we no longer worship statues or give sacrifices at the altar to another god, but we do devote ourselves to concrete things these days. And if we put those things above the Lord, we are making those things our idol. How much time of our lives devoted to those concrete things shows how big of a worshiper we are to them. 

The amazing thing is, it could be anything: money, work, hobbies, another person, girlfriend, boyfriend even your spouse. What makes it worse, it could happened without us even realizing it. It's a good thing for everyone to be reminded about this, so I hope this can be a reminder, not just for myself, but to anybody who stumbled on this reading.

Another thing that i learned, is how what music you listen to can really change you (either to the better or to the worse) especially if you don't pay attention to what are the songs about.
I know I can't give you a scientific, evidence based explanation for this, but I believe every song has a message, and every message has a power within them. Just like gospel songs can be used by the Holy Spirit to touch your heart (and mine off course), every other song can also affect you. Certain tunes can make your day seems bright,  make you feel the blues even more, scare you (like in those horror/suspense thriller movies) or give you strength (I can't really explain how or why, but I'm guessing that you get what i mean, right?)

So, my hypothesis is this: the music that you listen to, can do more than just getting you in the mood, it can change you.

Enclosed in this post, are links to a number of music albums:

Bass regard,
Ald. MD